Just setup Pull 1.6

Topics: Like or Dislike
Sep 16, 2011 at 1:13 AM
Edited Sep 16, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Just had a comment on that. When I set the download directory it deleted the folders I had in that directory. They were empty podcast folders with the names of all the podcasts that I subscribe to. I thought that was an odd procedure for the program to do such a thing. I'm just glad that I didn't set it to the directory it initially had in there, it seems like it may have deleted the 20GB of files I have in my "Downloads" directory. I'm not gonna try and test my theory, just thought I'd comment on it. Maybe I'm the only one.

EDIT: I will say the program is beautifully made, however, it'll be replacing Doppler for me.

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM

When I set the download directory it deleted the folders I had in that directory. They were empty podcast folders with the names of all the podcasts that I subscribe to.

It is part of the cleanup code in Pull, when you close it, it checks the directory you set for empty folders and deletes those empty folders.

I thought that was an odd procedure for the program to do such a thing

Good point. Will add an option to turn this off.

it seems like it may have deleted the 20GB of files I have in my "Downloads" directory.

Nope- will only remove empty directories. If there are files it will leave those folders.