Download To One Folder

Topics: Feature Requests
Apr 19, 2011 at 2:09 PM

When I was using other podcast downloaders, I preferred to have all its downloads go to a single folder. I sync all my podcasts through Dropbox and just play the MP3s at work. Given the number of feeds I watch, it's a pain and unnecessary to have an entirely new folder created for each feed. A couple of the other downloaders I've tried can do this but also allow you to override that setting and just save everything to one folder. Is this something that could be implemented in Pull? Thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Oddly this was in older releases and we pulled it out because of the complexity it added and our stats showed no use. You aren't the first to ask for it back, so it will likely make a return in a future release.

Apr 25, 2011 at 1:01 AM

That would be mighty awesome. Normally all I do is having everything dump into one folder and I just delete the MP3s when I'm done the episode I'm listening to. I don't keep backlogs or anything like that. I can definitely get by with it making a separate folder for each feed, it would just be nice to be able to put them all in a single spot.

Coordinator
Apr 30, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Coded the single folder option last night, and will be back in the next release.

May 2, 2011 at 4:30 AM

Very cool man, thank you so much! I'm stoked to try out the next release. Any timeline for its release? Not rushing, just looking forward to it. :)

Coordinator
May 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Out now :)