Some Questions from a New User

Topics: Like or Dislike, Other, Podcast
Apr 9, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Question from new user:

On Episode page I see that episodes can be marked as downloaded and/or played.  Is this mark inserted manually or automatically?  Is it primarily a reminder, or does it serve another purpose?  I see that I can delete an episode file from my HD.  How do I also delete the line entry for an episode from the table?

Also, can the search for new episodes be done manually (not on a scheduled basis)?  How?

Also, great product, but many fixes still required.  When is the next release?

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Downloaded & Played are inserted automatically. They are used to work out what to play - for example if you click play next episode, it will look through the downloaded & not played ones to find the next one to playe for example.

You can't delete entries for the episode in the table - could you explain why you would want to do that?

You can search for new episodes manually by using the refresh option on the ribbon (which will refresh all podcasts) or by right clicking on a podcast and selecting refresh (which will refresh just that podcast).

Very sorry that the 1.5 release isn't the best one I have done and I am working hard on the 1.6 release at the moment which is mostly a bug fix release. No ETA on it but I am hoping that it will be this month.

Apr 10, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Thanks so much for (both of) your e-mails. Glad to hear that there is a new bug-fix release on the way.
I guess, from my mail it's apparent that I'm brand new to podcasting. My interest in deleting episodes after I've copied them to my mp3 player was simply a question of "neatness" and removal of table clutter.
I would like to synch downloaded podcasts with my Sansa Clip+ mp3 player. Downloads to be stored on the auxiliary uSDC of this device. Unable to get Pull to do this (although I haven't tried too hard yet). If currently broken, will this feature be supported in the next release?
Thanks again.

Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: Some Questions from a New User [pull:253225]

Downloaded & Played are inserted automatically. They are used to work out what to play - for example if you click play next episode, it will look through the downloaded & not played ones to find the next one to playe for example.

You can't delete entries for the episode in the table - could you explain why you would want to do that?

You can search for new episodes manually by using the refresh option on the ribbon (which will refresh all podcasts) or by right clicking on a podcast and selecting refresh (which will refresh just that podcast).

Very sorry that the 1.5 release isn't the best one I have done and I am working hard on the 1.6 release at the moment which is mostly a bug fix release. No ETA on it but I am hoping that it will be this month.

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Sync is an area I am investing in a lot now and so while I do not see deleting rows from the tables to exist, I think we with the rework for sync I can put in some other option that you may like!

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 22:09, gppull <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks so much for (both of) your e-mails. Glad to hear that there is a new bug-fix release on the way.
I guess, from my mail it's apparent that I'm brand new to podcasting. My interest in deleting episodes after I've copied them to my mp3 player was simply a question of "neatness" and removal of table clutter.
I would like to synch downloaded podcasts with my Sansa Clip+ mp3 player. Downloads to be stored on the auxiliary uSDC of this device. Unable to get Pull to do this (although I haven't tried too hard yet). If currently broken, will this feature be supported in the next release?
Thanks again.

Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: Some Questions from a New User [pull:253225]

Very sorry that the 1.5 release isn't the best one I have done and I am working hard on the 1.6 release at the moment which is mostly a bug fix release. No ETA on it but I am hoping that it will be this month.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pull@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email pull@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--

Who: Robert MacLean
Details: https://gist.com/rmaclean

Ged tha mi bochd tha mi uasal; buidheachas do Dhia is ann de chlann 'Ill Eathain mi.